For the second year in a row, Intuit has given accountants a compelling reason to upgrade to QuickBooks for Accountants 2010. In addition to all the wonderful new features found in Quickbooks Pro and Premier 2010 this year, Intuit has added additional Client Data Review tools and made improvements in Intuit Statement Writer.
If you haven't yet upgraded to QuickBooks for Accountants 2009 and experienced the new client data review tool, you're in for a treat! My team and I spend most of our day troubleshooting common client data entry errors that are easy to find but can be very time-consuming to correct. That was before the new client data review tools that were introduced last year. I didn't think it could get any better, but the enhancements in the 2010 edition are incredible. It's a must-have tool for accountants working with QuickBooks - we couldn't live without it!
And for those of you non-accountants out there wondering how this benefits you - you'll end up saving money when you upgrade to 2010 because it'll take your QuickBooks consultant far less time to identify and correct errors in your data file.
Here are the new features in QuickBooks for Accountants 2010 we're most excited about:
Expanded! Client Data Review
It’s like spell check for your client’s QuickBooks files. Cleaning up errors in your clients’ files just got easier with the expanded Client Data Review (CDR) feature in Premier Accountant 2010.
On one screen you have the tools to instantly zero in on mistakes and slash the time you spend weeding through transactions and reports.
- Reclassify hundreds of transactions, or write off multiple invoices, statement charges, and financial charges from a single window
- Identify items with negative inventory in two clicks, then fix them directly in Client Data Review
- Identify and make adjustments to incorrectly set up items, including “one-sided items”
- Automatically fix incorrectly recorded Sales Tax Liability payments
- From QuickBooks Premier Accountant 2010, you can use Accountant’s Copy to fix and send back client files from QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2009
For those of you who missed it, these tools are in addition to the 2009 client data review tools which help you to:
- Troubleshoot account balances
- Review list changes
- Correct errors with accounts receivable transactions
- Correct errors with accounts payable transactions
- Find incorrectly paid payroll liabilities
- Reconcile clients accounts
- Locate discrepancies from the last reconciliation
- Set a closing date and password
Improved! Intuit Statement Writer (included in QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant, sold separately in QuickBooks Premier Accountant)
Streamline creation of robust financial statements. Intuit Statement Writer 2010 links your QuickBooks files with Microsoft Excel8 so you can build and update professional statements directly in QuickBooks.
- Create up to 16 statements in one workbook and batch print your statements and documents
- Build financial statements on a per-class or per-job basis, or as a combination of classes
- Access over 50 statement and document templates online
- Set ANY date range for statements, including 4-week months or 13-week quarters
- Send consolidated reports to clients in .pdf format
- Create Microsoft Word-based letters, cover pages and documents in your report, and bring QuickBooks financial data into your documents (Ruth Perryman)